Garmin Instinct® 2 Solar Tactical Edition Watch
The Garmin Instinct® 2 Solar – Tactical Edition. Why just carry out the mission when you can own it? This rugged GPS smartwatch is equipped with tactical-specific features and has solar charging to keep you going. Built for the mission, designed for endurance. Experience unprecedented battery life with solar charging while military standard toughness lets you play rough without worry. If you're off grid, GPS, GLONASS and Galileo are available to keep you on target.
When not in a tactical environment, you can train smarter with built-in sports apps right on your wrist and get notifications straight from your phone. All of these features with unlimited battery life in smartwatch mode and solar power.
- Tactical-specific features include night vision compatibility and more for field ops.
- Stay on the mission until it’s done with unlimited battery life in smartwatch mode with solar charging.
- Military standard toughness means no holding back.
- Train your way with built-in sports apps at the wrist.
- Push boundaries, but stay on track with access to more satellites.
- Understand your body better with 24/7 health monitoring.
- NIGHT VISION COMPATIBILITY: Switch between daytime view and nighttime view with a screen designed to be read by night vision goggles.
- STEALTH MODE: Go dark by enabling stealth mode to stop storing and sharing your GPS position and disable wireless connectivity and communication.
- DUAL-FORMAT GPS: Dual-format GPS coordinates with latitude and longitude references offer unparalleled situational awareness.
- KILL SWITCH: If security becomes an issue, the kill switch wipes the device of all user memory.
- JUMPMASTER MODE: Calculate high-altitude release points according to military guidelines while navigating to your objective once you’ve jumped.
- TACTICAL ACTIVITY: See time, pace, time of day, elevation and your location in both coordinate types.
- BUILT-IN SPORTS APPS: Do whatever you love with preloaded activity profiles for running, cycling, swimming, strength training, indoor climbing, virtual running, golf, yoga and more.
- HIIT WORKOUTS: This activity profile tracks your HIIT workouts, including AMRAP, EMOM, Tabata and custom. Set the number of rounds, work/rest intervals and more.
- RECOVERY TIME: After each workout, recovery time lets you know when you’ll be ready for another hard workout. It even accounts for training intensity and factors such as stress, daily activity and sleep.
- VO2 MAX: Train smarter with VO2 max, an indicator of how you can expect to perform. It even accounts for changes in performance that could be caused by heat or altitude.
- DAILY WORKOUT SUGGESTIONS: For training guidance that takes you and your fitness level into account, get daily recommendations based on your current training load and training status.
- MTB DYNAMICS: Track the details of every ride with mountain biking metrics plus specialized Grit™ and Flow™ measurements that rate trail difficulty and how smoothly you descend, giving you a score to beat next time.
- MULTI-GNSS SUPPORT: Whether you’re hiking, mountain biking, trail running or skiing, you’ll have access to multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
- ABC SENSORS: Navigate your next trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
- TRACBACK® ROUTING: Take the guesswork out of your return journey by using this feature to navigate the same route back to your starting point.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS: Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch when paired with your compatible smartphone.
- CONNECT IQ™ STORE: Download custom watch faces, add data fields, and get apps and widgets from the Connect IQ Store app on your compatible smartphone.
- GARMIN PAY™ CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS: Breeze through checkout lines and select transit systems with Garmin Pay contactless payments through participating providers.
- SAFETY AND TRACKING FEATURES: When your watch and phone are paired, your live location can be sent to your contacts manually or — during select outdoor activities — automatically with built-in incident detection.
- CALENDAR VIEW: Easily see your plans for the day with a dedicated calendar screen when paired with your compatible smartphone.
- SYNC WITH THE GARMIN CONNECT™ APP: See your health and fitness information all in one place. The Garmin Connect app on your compatible smartphone is a thriving online community where people on the go can connect, compete and share.
- WRIST-BASED HEART RATE: Get estimated heart rate data along with alerts if your heart rate stays too high or too low while you’re at rest. Gauge how hard your heart is working during activities.
- STRESS TRACKING: Heart rate variability is used to calculate your stress level score, so you can see if you’re having a calm, balanced or stressful day.
- SLEEP SCORE AND ADVANCED SLEEP MONITORING: Get a full breakdown of your light, deep and REM sleep stages. View it all on a dedicated widget that includes your sleep score and insights.
- BODY BATTERY™ ENERGY MONITORING: Optimize your body’s energy reserves, using heart rate variability, stress, sleep and other data to gauge when you’re ready to be active or when you may need to rest.
- PULSE OX: For altitude acclimation or sleep monitoring, a Pulse Ox sensor uses light beams at your wrist to estimate how well your body is absorbing oxygen.
- FITNESS AGE: This feature uses chronological age, your weekly vigorous activity, resting heart rate and BMI to estimate if your body is younger or older than you are. Get tips to lower your fitness age.
- INTENSITY MINUTES: Track how many minutes of vigorous activity you’re getting, when you earn them and during what activity. You can even view them as a data field during timed activities.
- HYDRATION TRACKING: Log daily fluid intake as a reminder to stay hydrated. When auto goal is enabled, you’ll even see estimated sweat loss after an activity, and your goal will adjust accordingly.
|BEZEL & CASE MATERIAL||
|QUICKFIT™ WATCH BAND COMPATIBLE||
Yes (22 mm)
45 x 45 x 14.6 mm, fits wrists with a circumference of 135-230 mm
|DISPLAY SIZE||Custom, two-window design; 0.9” x 0.9” (23 x 23 mm)|
|DISPLAY RESOLUTION||176 x 176 pixels|
|DISPLAY TYPE||Monochrome, sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)|
Smartwatch: Up to 28 days/unlimited with solar*
*Solar charging, assuming all-day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions
|WATER RATING||10 ATM|
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Instinct 2 Solar – Tactical Edition
- Charging/Data Cable